Friday, July 07, 2006

Swimming

We've been using our community pool alot.
Kilynn has always enjoyed being in the water. She can swim around independantly wearing water wings, or the swimsuits with flotation in them.
This year she got a new suit for her birthday, that pretty much has floaties in the front and back, that you can remove, and also let more air out of as the child gain more swimming skills.

Today Kilynn wanted me to take the floaties out. And she decided she could swim under water, all by herself, and she did! I was a proud mommy!

She's always been more cautios of being under water, but last week, she decided she could jump in without my catching her (with her floaties in). And this week, she's a fish!

I'll still leave the floaties in most of the time, because I just like the safety of it. She can still barely tread water.

But, I just wanted to share!

She tries karate out tomorrow, we'll have to see how that goes.

1 comment:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

good job Kiley!